- How many kinds of rocks are there ?
Three...igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic.
- Do you carry gold pans?
Yes, we have three sizes.
- Which stone is good to have if I want to bring more love into my life?
Rose quartz is considered to have metaphysical properties for unconditional love.
- Where is your shop located and when are you open for business?
Crossroads Treasures is located at 30219 Hwy 78, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070, just across the street from Dudley's Bakery. We are open Thursday through Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm, closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. You may call us at 760 765 2530 for more information.
- Do you carry books with maps for collecting my own rocks?
Yes, we carry both the Gem Guides series and the Falcon Guide series as well as a few by other publishers.
- What is a geode and do you carry them at your shop.
A geode is a somewhat round hollow rock containing crystals that is formed either by volcanic or metamorphic action. We do carry geodes for sale. They are from Utah, Morocco and Mexico.
- What is obsidian used for?
Obsidian is used to make arrowheads, spear points, knives, and for carving decorative objects.
- What colors of fluorite do you carry?
We carry purple, yellow, green, blue and pink fluorite.
- Do you sell San Diego County rocks and crystals?
Yes, we carry pink, green and black tourmaline, clear and smoky quartz, purple lepidolite, feldspar, mica and garnets.
- Where can I collect pink or green tourmaline in San Diego County?
There are two fee digs nearby....the Himalaya mine dig at Lake Henshaw, and the Oceanview mine dig at Pala, CA.
- What is the best way to learn how to make something using my rocks?
We recommend that you learn how to do lapidary work at your local rock and gem club. Search online for one in your area.